teensexonline.com
28.9 C
Jammu
Friday, August 21, 2026
HomeFeatured StoriesChina Demolishes Monks’ Residential Quarters in Tibet

China Demolishes Monks’ Residential Quarters in Tibet

Date:

Related stories

Uyghur Australians Demand Action Against China’s Alleged Global Repression Machine

Uyghur Australians are appealing to the government for decisive...

Colombia Earthquake Death Toll Climbs to 312, Over 4,600 Injured

In Colombia, the death toll from the powerful 7.4...

Japan Defence Minister Shinjirō Koizumi Visits Western Naval Command

Defence Minister of Japan Shinjirō Koizumi, who is on...

China has intensified security restrictions at Larung Gar in Serta, with large numbers of troops deployed inside the religious encampment as authorities continue demolishing residential quarters used by monks, nuns and lay practitioners, Tibet Times reported.

According to Tibet Times, access to Larung Gar has been sharply restricted since the demolition drive began, with a checkpoint on the main access road allowing only a limited number of local residents and tourists to enter under strict supervision. Visitors are reportedly required to use public transport arranged through the checkpoint and are prevented from moving freely around the encampment.

A source cited by Tibet Times said tourists and pilgrims travelling from within Tibet and other parts of China are now being barred from entering the settlement. Those permitted to enter are confined to designated areas, while troops and security personnel monitor the movements of visitors, residents, and monastics.

The report further said drone photography and filming, previously permitted for those holding authorisation, have been prohibited since the demolitions began last month. Military personnel and plainclothes officers have allegedly been deployed for both overt and covert surveillance, with monks, nuns, residents, and visitors facing increased scrutiny.

According to Tibet Times, the demolition of residential quarters began on July 13 and has continued despite earlier appeals by the monastic administration. Chinese authorities had previously cited overcrowding and safety concerns while seeking to demolish structures around the Gyutrul Lhakhang area. Following appeals, the temple and surrounding religious sites were reportedly spared, while residential quarters among the monastic dwellings became the focus of the demolition drive.

Latest stories